- FSSAI - Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India. It is an organization that monitors and governs the food business in India. FSSAI License is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
- FSSAI License or FSSAI Registration is mandatory before starting any food business. FSSAI Registration is required for all food related businesses such as manufacturers, traders, restaurants, small eateries, grocery shop, importers, exporters, home based food businesses, dairy farms, processors, retailers, e-tailers. who are involved in food business must obtain a 14-digit registration Number or a Food license number which must be printed on food packages or Displayed in Premises. This 14-digit FSSAI license number gives data about the producer's permit or enrollment subtle elements, and the assembling state.
- For Basic FSSAI Registration
- Passport Photo
- Photo Id Proof
- For FSSAI State and Central license
- Passport Photo
- Address Prof
- List Of Food Category
- Photo Id Prof
- Blue Print/ layout Plan
- List of equipment’s
- NOC From Municipality
- Incorporation Certificate
- List Of Directors /Partners
- MOA And AOA
- Water Test Report
- Import Export Code
- FSSAI License or food License is mandatory to operate any food business in India. Validity of the food license is between 1-5 years; upon expiry you have to renew the license or there is a penalty if the license is not renewed. FSSAI Renewal process can be done 120 days before the expiry date of the FSSAI Registration or License
- A Registration or license granted under these Regulations shall be valid unless otherwise specified, for a period of 1 to 5 years as chosen by the Food Business Operator, from the date of issue of registration or license subject to remittance of fee applicable for the period and compliance with all conditions of license.
- FSSAI Portal Login ID and Password.
- No Document is Required while Renewal of FSSAI.
- In case of modification in current application, Documents are required.
- State & Central
- Duly Completed Form B
- Declaration Form
- Form IX (For Companies only)
- FSMS Plan and Audit Report
- FSSAI Portal Login ID and Password
- As per the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) regulations, obtaining a food license is one of the most crucial steps for starting a food business. Once you have done with FSSAI Registration, you can start your business freely and without any legal complications. But that’s not all. As per FSS (Licensing and Registration) Regulations, 2011, it is equally important to comply with FSSAI compliances and filing of annual returns.
- All the food business operators (FBOs) who possess food licenses and have an annual turnover of Rs. 12 lakhs should file the annual return mandatorily and within the due time. If anybody fails to file the returns within the stipulated period, he may have to face penalties.
- Following details and Documents are required to File FSSAI Return Online:
Name of the Food product which is being manufactured, exported, imported, or handled.
Bottle size, can size or size of any other packaging.
Quantity in the metric ton.Value of Food product.
Quantity in Kg which is being exported or imported.
Selling price per unit of packaging or per kg.
Name of the countries where food products are exported.
Rate per unit or kg of packaging CIF/FOB/Mandatory Last FSSAI Annual Returns.